The great Italian artists of the twentieth century
The Museo Novecento hosts many Italian masterpieces of the twentieth century, works narrating the great steps of art and allowing the public to grasp the innovations and developments revolutionizing visual arts throughout the century. The Florentine Civic Museums and MUS.E Association introduce for the 2016 calendar a series of lectures dedicated to the main protagonists of the museum to retrace their artistic journey and help a deeper comprehension of their work. One meeting a month curated by Mus.e Educational Department and each time focused on a different artist. The series begins on Sunday, Ferbuary 21, with a lecture dedicated to Bruno Munari, one of the absolute protagonists of the twentieth century in the fields of art and design, whose contribution indelibly marked the culture of our country.
The event goes on with other meetings focusing on very famous artists: Lucio Fontana, Giorgio Morandi or Renato Guttuso to mention but a few.
The lectures will take place at the Altana in the Museo Novecento. The admission is free (it does not include the access to the museum), booking is mandatory.
The detailed schedule follows.
- Sunday, February 21, 10.30 a.m.: Bruno Munari
- Sunday, March 20, 10.30 a.m.: Emilio Vedova
- Sunday, April 10, 10.30 a.m.: Lucio Fontana
- Sunday, May 15, 10.30 a.m.: Alberto Magnelli
- Sunday, September 18, 10.30 a.m.: Renato Guttuso
- Sunday, October 16, 10.30 a.m.: Giorgio Morandi
- Sunday, November 20, 10.30 a.m.: Fortunato Depero
- Sunday, December 18, 10.30 a.m.: Giorgio De Chirico
The admission is free. Booking is mandatory.
For information and booking:
Tel. 055-2768224 055-2768558